HUSD Family Resource Center Newsletter - March 2021
A Bi-Monthly Insight into the Center
"If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too." - Dr. Suess
HUSD is happy to announce that we will be reopening our elementary schools, in a hybrid format, for TK-3 grade on March 8, 2021 following with grades 4 through 6 on March 15, 2021.
If you visit our Family Resource Center or any other HUSD site, a Face mask is required.
Our Pre-K Academy is getting ready for 2021-2022 preschool enrollments. Applications will be available for pick-up at our Family Resource Center starting Tuesday, March 2, 2021. We will be accepting applications via USPS mail or HUSD drop-box beginning May 3, 2021. Due to the current situation we are facing with COVID-19, The 2021-2022 Pre-K Enrollment will be based on a Lottery System. For questions, please call: (760)244-4411 ext. 6776/6777 or email PreKregistrations@hesperiausd.org
Virtual Computer Classes Available!
- March 2, 3, 4, 9, 10 & 11 - Computer Basics
- April 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15 - Internet Safety & Shopping
For more information visit our center's website: www.husdfamilyresources.org
A NEW option for Rosetta Stone English Language Program!
Adults interested in using the online Rosetta Stone program can now fill out an online Agreement Form for the 2020-2021 school year. Copy and paste the link into your browser: https://forms.gle/chtfXK3AjCQf...
FREE COVID Testing...
San Bernardino County Public Health Testing Facilities
You can easily make an appointment on your computer or phone! Walk-ins are sometimes welcome. You do NOT need to have symptoms to test. Texted/Emailed results in under 48 hours.
- Percy Bakker Center 9333 E Ave. Hesperia (Monday - Friday 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Victor Valley College 71 Mojave Fish Hatchery Rd. Victorville (Monday - Saturday 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM)
- For job announcements, adult educational websites, and Adult programs visit our website @ www.husdfamilyresources.org
- For food pantries, housing assistance, and other community resources, visit our district’s website at www.capsbc.org
- For community resources, home activities, Online learning tools, and more go to https://www.cahelp.org/c19resources
- 211- resources referral information
- Department of Behavioral Health- 760 995-8300
- National Suicide Prevention Life-Line and Veterans Crisis Line 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Child Abuse Line (800) 827-8724
Loss & Grief Resources:
During these uncertain times, we appreciate and value our community partners' support and collaboration: A special THANK YOU to Hesperia Church of the Nazarene & Victoria Giron for the food boxes donated to our HUSD families.