HUSD FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER NEWSLETTER - SEPTEMBER 2021
Empowering Families One at a Time to Better Support & Prepare Today's Students for Tomorrow's World
A Bi-Monthly Insight into the Center
We are thrilled to share that our Preschool Program for 2021-2022 is up and running at full capacity. We anticipate a successful year full of rich learning experiences for our students and building strong partnerships with their families. To request an application or any questions, please call our office @ (760)244-4411 ext. 6776 & 6777 or visit our FRC's website at husdfamilyresources.org
The Caring Closet is open to serve HUSD students again.
The High Desert Association of Realtors and The Rescue Mission in collaboration with The Assistance League, and SELPA donated a considerable amount of backpacks to our closet, Thank you!
Mobile Mexican Consulate - September 7 - 11, 2021 (9:00 AM - 3:00 PM)
Services offered: Passports, Mexican voting ID, Mexican Birth, Marriage, and Death Certificates. Make your appointment at Mexitel 1(877)639-4835 or https://mexitel.sre.gob.mx
It is a Literacy Program carried out in coordination with the National Institute of Adult Educations; it is aimed at Latin American immigrants who wish to complete their truncated primary and/or secondary studies in their country of origin.
We are Back!
- Nutrition Class - Tuesdays 11:00 - 12:30 (Spanish)
- US Citizenship Workshop - Wednesdays 9:30-11:00 AM & Thursdays 4:30-6:00 PM
- Crochet Class - Tuesdays 9:00-12:00 (English & Spanish)
- Sewing Class - Wednesdays Beginners 9:30-11:30 & Advanced 11:30-1:30
- Rosetta Stone - Monday & Friday 8:30-4:30, Tuesday-Thursday 12:00-4:30
- Tutoring K-6 - Monday - Friday 4:00-5:00 PM (EL students only)
- English Class - Level 1 Tuesdays 4:00-6:00 PM / Level 2 Thursdays 4:00-6:00 PM
- Computer Class - (September) Basics Tuesday-Thursday 9:00-10:00 AM / Resume & Interview Assistance Tuesday-Thursday 10:30-11:30 AM