Newsletter - November 2022
Bring Social-Emotional Learning Home
“When we practice and build our skills in self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship building, and decision making, we are better equipped to navigate stressors, anxieties, and challenges. We can solve problems and work together to function at a higher level—in the classroom, at work, and at home.”
Pre-K Academy - The Pre-K Academy would like to thank The Molina Foundation for generously donating new reading books.
The Pre-K Academy would like to give a huge thank you to everyone at the District Office that made the trick-or-treat event possible. It was above and beyond everyone’s expectations! Most importantly, the students and families truly enjoyed every minute of it.
Food Boxes are Available Upon Request!!
Office closed: November 11 - Veteran’s Day, November 21-25 - Fall Break, December 23-January 6 - Winter Break
The Caring Closet - Thank you for the active participation of HUSD Staff and members of our Community, we continue to successfully serve our students and families.
We would like to thank Santa Claus Inc. for your clothing donations. We are thrilled to have your support!
- Parenting Classes - 16-week class beginning December 1, 2022
- Rosetta Stone - Available Daily Monday & Friday 8:30-4:30 / Tue, Wed, Thu. 12:00 – 4:30
- U.S. Citizenship Workshop - Wednesdays 9:30-11:00 AM & Thursdays 9:30-11:00 AM
- English Class - Wednesdays 4:00-6:00 PM
- Computer Classes
- Microsoft Word (November) Tue, Wed, & Thu 9:00-10:00
- Microsoft Publisher (November) Tue, Wed, & Thu 10:30-11:30
- Microsoft Windows Basic (Dec) Tue, Wed, & Thu 9:00-10:00
- Microsoft Excel (Dec) Tue, Wed, & Thu 10:30-11:30
- Tutoring K-6 Monday-Friday 4:00-5:00 PM EL Students
Computer Lab Available daily Mon. & Fri. 8:30-4:30 / Tues. Wed. & Thurs. 12:00 - 4:30 p.m.