HUSD FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER NEWSLETTER - MAY 2021
Empowering Families One at a Time to Better Support & Prepare Today's Students for Tomorrow's World
A Bi-Monthly Insight into the Center
Our preschool year is coming close to the end, and we are excited & grateful to have students back in our classrooms. Thank you for your ongoing support.
Enrollment applications are available for pick-up at our Family Resource Center. We are accepting applications via USPS mail or HUSD drop-box. The 2021-2022 Pre-K Enrollment will be based on a Lottery System. For Questions please call: (760) 244-4411 ext 6776/6777 or email PreKregistration@hesperiausd.org
During these uncertain times, we appreciate and value our community partners' support and collaboration.
- Hesperia Church of the Nazarene & Victoria Gidrón for the food boxes donated to our HUSD families.
- Assistance League of Victor Valley for the Shoes, Sweatshirts & Sweatpants donated to our "Caring Closet".
- HUSD Family Engagement Team & Social Worker for the donation of hygiene products.
The Caring Closet: Thanks to the district employees' monthly donations and community contributions, we served 14 families with a total of 28 students since our schools reopened in March.
Virtual Computer Classes Available!
- PowerPoint - May 4, 5, 6, 11, 12 & 13
- 10:00 - 11:00 AM
For more information visit our center's website: www.husdfamilyresources.org
Nearby Free COVID Testing Locations:
- Percy Bakker Center - 9333 E Avenue, Hesperia (Monday-Friday 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Victor Valley College - 71 Mojave Fish Hatchery Rd, Victorville (Monday-Saturday 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM)
All 16+ California Residents are eligible for vaccination
To Register for a COVID Vaccine:
- By Computer, Tablet, or Smartphone: Go to myturn.ca.gov
- By Phone: Call (909)387-3911 to register with an operator
- By Email: sbcovid19.com/vaccine
For job announcements, adult educational websites, and adult programs visit our website @husdfamilyresources.org
For food pantries, housing, emergency, and utility assistance visit www.capsbc.org
For community resources, home activities, Online learning tools, and more go to www.cahelp.org/c19resources
- 211 - a resource for referral information
- Department of Behavioral Health (760)995-8300
- National Suicide Prevention Life-Line and Veterans Crisis Line (800)273-8255
- Child Abuse Line (800)827-8724
Loss & Grief Resources: