HUSD Family Resource Center Newsletter - October 2020
A Bi-Monthly Insight into the Center
Empowering Families One at a Time to Better Support & Prepare Today’s Students for Tomorrow’s World
HUSD is working on an Elementary Schools Reopening Plan, this plan has to be approved by the County and the State before Elementary Students can return to in-person instruction. For more information visit our District website, click on: Draft of Elementary Waiver Plan 9.28.2020
We are looking forward to reopening our Family Resource Center; until then, we are available by phone.
*Now Available! Online Computer Lessons Through Google Classroom and a tutorial on How to Create a Google Account.
For more information visit our center’s website:
We have tutorials for you:
- Join Meeting
- Speaker View/Gallery View
- Video On/Video Off
- Raise/Lower Hand
- Chat and more......
www.husdfamilyresources.org >Find under Explore > Computer Center
*Community Health Action Network (C.H.A.N.) Continues to Provide Free $50 Grocery Gift Cards. For More Information call (760) 241-9900.
-Proof of Income (EBT Card, Social Security Income Award Letter, etc…)
-Proof of Address
-Masks Required—during pick up
*A NEW option for Rosetta Stone English Language Program!
Adults interested in using the online Rosetta Stone program can now fill out an online
Agreement Form for the 2020 - 2021 school year.
Rosetta Stone Online Agreement Form
*During these uncertain times, we appreciate and value our community partners’ support and collaboration.
Hesperia Church of the Nazarene &
Victoria Girón for the food boxes donated to our HUSD families.
- For job announcements, adult educational websites, and Adult programs visit our website @ www.husdfamilyresources.org
- For food pantries, housing assistance, and other community resources, visit our district’s website at www.hesperiausd.org
- For community resources, home activities, Online learning tools, and more go to https://www.cahelp.org/c19reso...
- Additional resources:
- 211- resources referral information
- High Desert Crisis Walk In Center- 760 245-8837
- Department of Behavioral Health- 760 995-8300
- Victor Valley Community Supports Services- 760 243- 5417
- National Suicide Prevention Life-Line and Veterans Crisis Line 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Grief Support (650) 321-5272
- Child Abuse Line (800) 827-8724